Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Writing Course Got Canceled

For Christmas My wife signed me up for a creative writing course at the local community college. It was a great gift idea and I was looking forward to the first class scheduled for Fed 1st. I called today for the room assignment only to find out that the class was canceled. WTF!

I’ve been trying, with some success, to get back into creative writing for several months. It’s something that’s been percolating in the back of my mind for years, that I’ve got some stories to tell and, maybe, the ability to tell them. This course was going to be a milestone in those efforts. It would be the first time I’ve worked with a professional since I took creative writing in college.

In college my professor encouraged me to seek out publishing opportunities but I never did. I wasn’t ready for that kind of commitment. Now I’m ready to try, eager to in fact, so this cancellation is very disappointing. I’m not going to give up though. In fact, I think I’ll start posting some stuff here, on the off chance that people are actually looking at this blog. Who knows, maybe I’ll get some feedback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home