Monday, September 26, 2005

A Bad Day

I hind myself a little disheartened and overwhelmed by things today. It's not easy having month old twins. It's also not easy being sick. It's also not easy having a full social calendar. It's also not easy having to work a 12 hour day. Combine all of that in a three day stretch and I've served myself a recipe for disaster.

This has certainly been one of the more unpleasant days I've had to deal with in a long time. My commitments to running and writing while still strong have been sorely tested. I was unable to pick up a pencil or lace up the running shoes this weekend while I was in CT for Megan's wedding. The fact that my allergies were going full tilt didn't help matters but that should have encouraged me to get my butt out of the house. What really held me back is that Danny was the maid of honor and I could leave my three kids with our friends who were putting us up for the weekend. I just couldn't ask them to deal with that when it was taking all hands on deck to keep the twins relatively settled with me there. I did have a wonderful time at the wedding but that wonderful time likely contributed a lot to me being sick as a dog right now.

Work is another story altogether. Long story short I'm fed up with it. I feel very strongly that every single hour I spent at work today was wasted. I didn't even accomplish anything that would help the company. This isn't because I'm lazy or I don't care. It's because the role I'm in contributes nothing to productivity or profitability. If I was a consultant looking for areas to cut, my role would be one of the first places I'd look. I make lots of charts and I'm sick of it.

I started this blog as an outlet for my more creative, heartfelt and occasionally off-the-wall thoughts. It's morphed into an outlet for my frustrations. It's hard to be creative when you're getting your ass kicked. Unfortunately that's the time when creativity is most required. So that's my rant for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home