Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day to ... um ... me, I guess. Hard to believe I'm a dad, still harder to believe I'm about to become the father of three. Of course I'm excited, two little boys that I can try to pass along all I've learned to (have I learned anything?) is such a gift. At the same time I'm terrified. It's easy to imagine teaching 2 little boys to play catch, it's a great deal less comforting to imagine waking up in the middle of the night to two screaming babies and two dirty diapers. There were times, when Madeline was an infant, where I wasn't sure I could handle anymore now I'm going to have to endure that times two?

That's the key I guess, to endure, it won't be easy but fortunately nobody really judges infant care on artistic impression. It's all about technical merit. If I can help to make sure their basic needs are met and that they begin to grow up with a sense that I love them and that I've got their best interests at heart, then I'm doing all right. Well, that and make sure Madeline doesn't feel completely left out in the cold and that Danny and I stay as close as we've always been, oh and I don't lose my job/forget to pay the mortgage/etc. If I put it that way it sounds so easy, not. Just endure, and when enduring becomes easy then do better, thrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home